Drug abuse is a high-profile public health concern, with at least 1-in-8 teenagers abusing an illicit substance in the last year.
- Drug use among 8th graders increased 61% between 2016 and 2020.
- By 12th grade, 62% of teenagers have abused alcohol.
- 50% of teenagers have misused a drug at least once.
- 43% of college students use illicit drugs.
- 86% of teenagers know someone who smokes, drinks, or uses drugs during the school day.
No wonder parents and teachers work so diligently to help young people understand the dangers and consequences of substance abuse.
The Drug Awareness Council partners with schools and other organizations to create awareness and provide educational opportunities within our Lions District 2-E2.
Many of the schools that participate in our Red Ribbon Week grant program have included the DAC poster contest in their programs.
However, the Poster Contest is open to any who would like to participate. Contact us, and we will be happy to get in touch with a Lions Club to sponsor your submissions to this year’s Drug Awareness Council Poster Contest.
Sponsoring Clubs Please fill out the application below, print it, and sign where appropriate.